Subtitle Creative Tips for Growing Vegetables in Bales at Home, in Community Gardens, and around the World
In any climate and on any continent you can grow beautiful, fresh vegetables in environments where no food has grown before. In Straw Bale Solutions, you will find over two dozen stories of Straw Bale Gardens that inspire as much as they educate. You will recognize in them many of the challenges any gardener faces, and you will see how you can use the experiences of others to write your own Straw Bale Gardening success story.
In backyards and all across the world, Straw Bale Gardening (SPG) is making an impact. Since he created Straw Bale Gardening in his home in the Midwestern US, author Joel Karsten has talked to thousands of gardeners and traveled to dozens of countries to spread the SBG word. Here, in Joel’s own words, is a collection of fascinating illustrated stories that you can enjoy and learn from. For example:
- Cambodian SBGs grow food during Monsoon season—for the first time
- SBGs sprout fresh veggies in the rocky Swiss Alps
- A community garden in New Jersey turns an EPA site into a food haven
- An SBG in the lowlands of the Netherlands rises above constant floods
- And many more stories of SBG success that have lessons just for you