Subtitle All You Need to Know to Plan, Plant & Maintain a Midwest Garden
Description Description In this revised and updated 2nd edition of Midwest Gardener’s Handbook, gardeners in the north central US are handed all the know-how they’ll need to grow a lush, productive garden.
If you live in Ohio
, North Dakota
, or South Dakota
, the environmentally sound growing info
for both edible and ornamental plants
found here is your green thumb map to success
- Profiles of more than 250 plants proven to thrive in the Midwest’s climate, including shrubs, perennials, annuals, vegetables, fruits, herbs, vines, and more, help you select the best plants to create a beautiful landscape or a high-yielding edible garden.
- Helpful information highlights sun and shade requirements and offers clear and concise plant variety information.
- Month-by-month care and cultivation guides are offered for each plant group, guiding your journey—even if you’re a first-time Midwestern gardener.
- Author Melinda Myers addresses the many challenges of growing in the Midwest, including a changing climate and unique soil and pest troubles.
- The how-to methods for planting, pruning, watering, fertilizing, and much more are rich with information essential to those in the region.
This comprehensive and extensive guide is the best resource for growing in the Midwestern states. Whether you live in Minneapolis, Kansas City, Cleveland, Des Moines, or somewhere in between, Midwest Gardener’s Handbook
has you covered.
Midwest Gardener’s Handbook
is part of the Gardener’s Handbook series
from Cool Springs Press. Other books in the series include Florida Gardener’s Handbook
, Mid-Atlantic Gardener’s Handbook
, Northwest Gardener’s Handbook
, and many others.