Suitable for both those starting out in this hobby and more experienced modellers alike, Modelling German World War I Aircraft
is a one-stop guide to the creation of realistic models of German military aircraft of World War I.
Examples of injection-moulded plastic, resin, vac-form, multi-media and limited-run plastic kits are included, as well as scratch-built enhancements. With over 300 colour photographs, this book includes:
- Useful historical background to provide context and achieve realistic effects
- How to choose the right kit
- A list of essential workshop tools and materials.
There are step-by-step instructions for the creation of:
- A Fokker Eindecker in 1/48
- An Albatros D-type in 1/32
- Rumpler C-type in 1/32 and
- A Gotha G-type in 1/72.
There is a chapter on how to achieve accurate colours and markings, including lozenge types, with paint, airbrushing and decals. Finally, special focus on fine details, such as rigging, engines, interiors and ordinance is given.